Don’t let hip pain keep you from enjoying a healthy, active life. If nonsurgical solutions such as weight loss, medication, and physical therapy haven’t helped, it may be time to consider hip arthroscopy or hip replacement surgery. In Alberta, Ontario, British Columbia, and throughout Canada, long wait times can be a major source of frustration for those living with pain. Clearpoint Health Network is a network of private medical clinics across Canada that can expedite your hip surgery. We serve patients from Canada, the U.S., and overseas.
Why choose us for private hip surgery in Canada
- Have a consultation soon: We don’t have long waiting lists to see a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. Patients typically have a consultation within days or weeks.
- Highly qualified surgeons: Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons have extensive training in the latest surgical techniques and years of experience performing hip surgery.
- In-depth consultations: Consultations last about 60 minutes and can take place over video conference or in person. Our patients don’t feel rushed.
- State-of-the-art care: Our surgeons use the latest medical technology and techniques—including direct anterior (DA) hip replacement—for optimal outcomes, reduced post-op pain, and quicker recovery than traditional approaches.
- Stay in Canada for your surgery: You don’t need to travel out of the country for timely treatment. While you may have your surgery in another province, you will receive your care in Canada.
- Patient-focused setting: The features and layout of our centres optimize patient privacy, safety, and comfort.
What are the first signs of needing a hip replacement?
We recommend a consultation with one of our board-certified orthopedic surgeons when patients experience any of the following on an ongoing basis:
- Hip or groin pain when walking, exercising, or trying to sleep at night
- Restricted range of motion in the hip due to stiffness, grinding, popping
- Difficulty standing on one leg
- No relief from nonsurgical treatments
We recommend total hip replacement when more conservative options have been exhausted. Our surgeons use minimally invasive hip arthroscopy to make an accurate diagnosis and determine the best treatment option for each patient.
How much does hip replacement surgery cost at your private clinics in Canada?
Because surgical time and procedure costs vary with the patient’s specific needs, we cannot quote hip surgery prices on our website. The best way to receive an estimate of the time and cost of the surgery is to contact our patient coordinators.
Where will my hip surgery take place?
We perform total hip replacement at Clearpoint Surgical Toronto and hip resurfacing at Canadian Surgery Solutions, both accredited private surgical facilities equipped with the latest technology and in-patient accommodations complete with specialty nursing and physiotherapy services. Hip arthroscopy is performed in one of our private accredited medical centres.
What is the process for meeting with an orthopedist who specializes in hip disorders?
Before meeting with a physician, you will need to have a pre-qualification call with a patient coordinator who will ask you about your concerns and then review:
- Possible treatment options
- Locations for your surgery (you may need to travel to another province)
- Procedure costs
- Payment options
Our healthcare team will require any X-rays or other diagnostic imaging, along with some basic medical history in order to appropriately prepare for your consultation. Consultations with our surgeons can take place via telephone or video conference.