How does Botox® work?
Botox® is a purified protein that relaxes facial muscles, softens wrinkles and expression lines, plumps up creases, and even adds fullness to lips and cheeks. Botox is consistently one of the most popular non-surgical procedures available today. Botox® works by safely blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles, causing them to relax and soften. The surrounding areas are not affected by the treatment.
What can I expect during Botox® treatment?
Often called a “lunchtime procedure,” Botox® treatment is a fast, non-surgical procedure with no downtime. You can immediately return to work or daily activities, though you may experience minor bruising and a slight headache after the procedure. During treatment, small amounts of Botox® are precisely injected into the target muscles along expression lines on the forehead and the bridge of the nose, around the eyes, or on the neck. This causes the muscles to relax, reducing wrinkles and softening your appearance within a matter of days. The entire process is quick and simple, and discomfort is limited to the few seconds required for each injection.
The positive effects of Botox® begin to show within a week of treatment and typically last about three to four months. Even after the original effects of Botox® have subsided, the remaining lines will not regain their original depth or severity.
Benefits of Botox® treatment
- Health Canada and FDA approved
- Effective for minimizing wrinkles, lines, furrows or grooves
- Effective for medical conditions including headaches, hyperhidrosis, muscle spasms, incontinence, and more
- No cutting, surgery or scars
- No anesthesia required
- Zero downtime or healing time
- Noticeable, natural results
- Surrounding areas are not affected
- Natural facial expressions are maintained with proper dosage and technique