Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
During this outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our employees, our patients and our communities is our number one priority. We have been following the health authorities guidelines very closely and we have a comprehensive business continuity plan in place to ensure that, when the time is right we will be ready to provide our patients the world class surgical care that they deserve, so that they can start living their best and healthiest life. We want to keep all of our stakeholders informed on our approach to Coronavirus.
The latest information below is how we are responding to this situation as it develops.
Looking after our people:
We have implemented a range of measures to protect our employees. These include:
- Hygiene guidance in line with Canadian health authorities reinforced across the organization
- Proactive work from home routines for staff where possible during this unprecedented time
- Restrictions on all business travel
Protecting our patient community:
- As an agile independent health care network, we were able to respond to the crisis by closing our operations for surgeries early on in the pandemic. As a result, our centres are clean, virus free, with no staff or patients testing positive for COVID-19
Continuing to support our patients:
- Telemedical consults and virtual consults are available. Contact us through any of our channels and we will respond within 2 business days
- Providing up-to-date information pertaining to COVID-19 through social media updates and on our website
Continuing to support our communities:
- We have made our ventilators available to local hospitals in the cities where we operate
When business resumes:
- Clearpoint Health will be in the position to assist the public health care sector by providing access to elective surgery in our facilities which have not been utilized for COVID patients during the shutdown
- Proper health authority approved social distancing measures will be in place at all clinics including:
- Staggered appointment times
- Physical distancing
- Proper health authority approved screening for staff and patients will be in place at all centres across Canada maximizing the safety of patients and staff alike
- We have secured appropriate levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) so that staff and patients alike will be protected when interacting in our health care facilities
If you would like to speak with our Program Advisor, please call 1-866-372-2344.
Last Update: April 29, 2020